The Tasks module is used to create, monitor and control various types of tasks. The system has three task types:
- Tasks within audits on checklist templates;
- Photo reports (photo tasks);
- "General" tasks are any administrative tasks not related to checklist template audits. An example is the task of a store manager to provide time sheets and schedules to store managers.
There are 3 roles when working with tasks:
- task author- the user creating the task (the process of creating a task is described in the article Adding a task);
- performer- user performing the task (the process of task performing is described in the article "Taking a task into work and its completion");
- observer - a user assigned to monitor the status of a task and remind the author, performer about the deadlines of task completion, notify the performer about the presence of unfinished tasks.
Observer role is assigned/not assigned to the user at the discretion of the task author. It is possible to combine the roles of the author and performer. An observer can be assigned by the author to either an individual task or a group task. In the case of a group task appointed by the observer, a restriction on the observed tasks within the hierarchy comes into effect.
The author created a group task Z for Shop X in Region X and Shop Y in Region Y. Observers have been appointed: regional manager X and regional manager Y. Regional manager X, according to the hierarchy of subordination, will only be able to monitor the task of store X and will not be able to monitor the status of the task of store Y.
In the case of an individual task, the above rule does not work. The author can choose an observer of any level from any business direction.
Authors of all task types can be users of levels: Region, Division, Company. Classic scheme of task delegation: the manager delegates the task to a subordinate employee or a group of employees. Task delegation is possible only on the "top-down" principle from the Company to the Store level and is available to users who are in one business area. For example, a user by position of division manager (division level) can delegate the task to any of the regional manager under his authority and to any store manager within his division. It is not possible to assign tasks between users of the same level even if they belong to the same business area.
Users of the Company, Division, and Regionlevels from other business areas can delegate tasks only to the Store level and only if the author of the task is assigned in the system as "responsible" for the store he wants to assign the task. The assignment is set up by the system administrator.
In case of self-audit of the facility according to the checklist of the store manager, the manager (Store level) will be both the task author and the performer, because when fixing the violation of the standard, he delegates the task to himself to eliminate the comments. Option of setting tasks types "General" and "Photo report" is not available to the Store level user.
Task performer is the employee with delegated task. Performers can be users of all levels below the Company level.
Observer role is available to any user without belonging to a business area and level.
To change the number of tasks displayed on the page, you should select the necessary value in the Show by item.