Who can create tasks
Any user for whom task creation is available can create a task. This option is configured by the System Administrator in the Departments tab of the Administration section. Select a department and activate the Can create tasks option. You can also specify which departments the selected department will be able to assign tasks to. Click Save changes for them to take effect.
By default, a task can only be assigned to a user with a level lower than the level of a task author.
|Task author||Can assign tasks to users of the following levels|
|Administrator||Company, Division, Region, Store, User|
|Company||Division, Region, Store, User|
|Division||Region, Store, User|
To let any user assign a task to users of any level, go to the Objectives tab in the Settings / Parameters section and select No in the Objectives can only be assigned to subordinates, then press Save. Only the system administrator can change this option.
How to create a task
To create a new task, go to the Tasks section, open the Task List tab and click Add Task.
1. Fill in the general information for the task
In the panel that opens on the right, fill in the following fields:
2. Choose an executor
If a user is selected as the Executor, all users available for this task will be displayed. In this case, you can limit the range of available users by specifying a specific department or by selecting a specific user level. You can also find users by name, e-mail, position, or object (store name).
You can select all users of the specified level or department by ticking the Available users box as well as specific users. All selected users will be indicated in the field below.
If you select the executor from the Store tab, you will see all the organizational units where there are available executors. By default, the Store Managers department is selected, and you can expand the range of available executors by adding other departments. You can also find executors by name, e-mail, position, or object (store name).
It is possible to select all objects of a region or a division as well as a specific executor belonging to a specific object. If an executor is assigned to several stores, he shall be displayed in each store.
If you select an executor from the Region tab, you will see all organizational units that have available executors of the appropriate level. By default, all departments are selected, and you can limit the number of available executors by excluding departments that are irrelevant for this task. You can also find executor by name, e-mail, position, or object (region name) in the search bar.
If you select the executor from the Division tab, you will see all the organizational units that have available executors of the appropriate level. By default, all departments are selected, and you can limit the number of available executors by excluding the departments that are not relevant for this task. You can also find executors by name, e-mail, position, or object (division name) using the search line.
If you select an executor from the Company tab, all available users at this level will be displayed. By default, all departments are selected, and you can limit the number of executors by excluding departments that are irrelevant for this task. You can also find executor by name, e-mail, or position.
The list of selected executors is displayed at the bottom of the list regardless of the method of selection. A number next to the executor's name indicates the number of objects to which this user is assigned. When checking the selected executor, you can exclude any of them by pointing and clicking on the cross.
3. Choose observers
You can select an observer in several ways:
- (the system will show all available executor managers, you can choose one or more managers as an observer).
- By user level (you can choose one or more users of the specified level as an observer).
- By department (you can choose one or more users of the specified department as an observer).
- Through the search string by name, e-mail, position, or object.
You can combine filters to select the optimal observer for the task.
The choice of an observer isn't mandatory.
4. Choose extra options
- You can set deadlines to remind you to complete the task.
- You can force an executor to add a comment to the task, otherwise, it will be impossible to finish the task.
- You can force an executor to attach the minimum required attachments to the task to close the task.
- You can prohibit attaching photos from the gallery, thus excluding irrelevant photos when checking.
- You can make task confirmation obligatory: after the executor has fulfilled all conditions of the task, the result must be confirmed by the author or the observer. Only after that, the task will be completed.
5. Configure notification settings
The task author can set notification parameters for all participants of the process. To do this, activate the corresponding icons for the user you need, where:
— push notification;
— e-mail notification.
Then click Create. The task will be created and available to the executor.
Scenarios of use
|Tab||When it's more convenient to use|
1. If you need to specify one person as an executor and you know his data (name/position/e-mail).
1. If the task belongs to a specific object.
1. If the executor should only be the regional manager.
1. If the executor shall be a division manager only.
|Company||1. If the executor should only be a user with the Company level.|