You can add new objects and edit existing ones using the import menu. This option is only available to system administrators. They can access the import menu in the Settings section of the website.
You can use the import to
- add new objects
- edit info on existing objects
- deactivate objects
The import menu consists of several blocks:
- The Import block is to be used for uploading the import template (.xlsx or .csv).
- The Settings is to be used to define the parameters of creation, editing, and deactivation of objects.
- The Import description gives brief information on the importing process.
How to import an object
Go to the Settings - Import section of the website. You will then see the import menu.
Download the import template and fill it in. You can also read a more detailed description of the fields below.
When entering the coordinates of an object, you can use either a dot or comma for fractional values (e.g. 40.757971 or 40,757971).
A store id defines what should the system do with the imported object.
- If you want to create a new object, enter a store id that doesn't exist in the system or leave this field blank. In the last case, a store id will be generated automatically.
- To edit info about an existing object, you should enter the store id of an object you want to change and fill in all other fields.
- To deactivate an object, delete it from the import file. By default, all stores that are not in the import file will be deactivated.
Determines the region of an imported object. If you want an object to be added to an existing region, make sure you enter the region name correctly.
All objects in the system must be linked to regions. Therefore, you must define the default region in which all stores will be imported if any problem occurs (e.g. if you leave the region name field blank).
You can change the region of any object after the import at any time.
Store manager login and Region office address
These fields are not required to import.
You should enter the login of a user you want to appoint as a store manager for the corresponding object. Make sure you write the login exactly as it is spelled in the Users list.
The Region office address is currently not used in the system so you can leave this field blank.
Other settings define what should the system do with imported stores under specified conditions. You can read more about the default settings in the Store id section.
Here is an example of an import file & import result.